Strawberry Mousse Pie
This adorable Easter-themed fresh strawberry mousse cream pie celebrates spring! Topped with nests of coconut and jelly beans, kids will love to help decorate.
- 1 1/2 cups (about 1/2 lb.) sliced, fresh strawberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, divided
- 1 envelope (7 grams) unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup thawed, frozen whipped topping
- 3 3 to 4 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 1 (6 oz.) prepared 9-inch shortbread crumb crust
- Green food coloring
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 24 (about 1/2 cup) jelly beans
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT remaining 1 cup evaporated milk in small saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Remove from heat. Sprinkle gelatin over milk mixture; stir until completely dissolved. Whisk in strawberry mixture; pour into a medium bowl. Refrigerate uncovered for 20 minutes or until cool to touch. Gently whisk in whipped topping and red food coloring to color desired. Pour mixture into crust.
REFRIGERATE for 2 hours until set.
DISSOLVE 2 to 4 drops of food coloring in 1/2 teaspoon water in small, resealable food storage plastic bag. Add coconut. Seal bag and shake evenly to coat coconut. Spoon coconut around edge of pie to form 8 “nests”. Place 3 jelly beans in center of nests.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.