Celebrate the fresh flavors of spring with these sweet-shaped, mini sandwiches. Perfect for brunch, lunch or a garden tea party, these tiny bites are big on flavor.
- 1 package (8 ounces) 1/3 less fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), at room temperature
- 1/3 cup NESTLÉ NESQUIK Strawberry Flavor Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel (optional)
- 3- to 4-inch round biscuit cutter or other fun cookie cutters
- 16 thin slices whole-wheat or white bread
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
COMBINE cream cheese and Nesquik in bowl; stir until Nesquik is dissolved. Stir in orange peel. Using biscuit cutter, cut each piece of bread into circles; discard excess.
SPREAD about 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture over half of the bread circles. Place about 4 strawberry slices on top of cream cheese mixture; top with remaining bread circles.
VARIATION: Use 1/2 cup peeled, thinly sliced cucumber in place of strawberries. Fresh mint leaves are also a great addition to both strawberry and cucumber sandwiches.
Fun factor: Have your kids cut out their own bread shapes using cookie cutters shaped as stars or hearts.
Nutritional Fact: Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C which is an immunity booster.