Strawberry Tea Sandwiches
Celebrate the fresh flavors of spring with these sweet-shaped, mini sandwiches. Perfect for brunch, lunch or a garden tea party, these tiny bites are big on flavor.
- 1 package (8 ounces) 1/3 less fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), at room temperature
- 1/3 cup NESTLÉ NESQUIK Strawberry Flavor Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel (optional)
- 3- to 4-inch round biscuit cutter or other fun cookie cutters
- 16 thin slices whole-wheat or white bread
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
SPREAD about 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture over half of the bread circles. Place about 4 strawberry slices on top of cream cheese mixture; top with remaining bread circles.
VARIATION: Use 1/2 cup peeled, thinly sliced cucumber in place of strawberries. Fresh mint leaves are also a great addition to both strawberry and cucumber sandwiches.
Fun factor: Have your kids cut out their own bread shapes using cookie cutters shaped as stars or hearts.
Nutritional Fact: Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C which is an immunity booster.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 160
- Calories from Fat: 60
- Total Fat: 7g (11% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 4g (20% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 20mg (7% of DV)
- Sodium: 240mg (10% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 19g (6% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (6% of DV)
- Sugars: 8g
- Protein: 6g
- Vitamin A: 6% of DV
- Vitamin C: 25% of DV
- Calcium: 8% of DV
- Iron: 4% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.