Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies are an elegant treat. Use these for desserts, snacks and parties. Make additional variations by using other types of marmalades.
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ LA LECHERA FAT FREE Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup strawberry marmalade
PREHEAT oven to 325° F.
BEAT butter and sweetened condensed milk in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add egg yolks; beat until smooth. Gradually beat in flour. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
SHAPE dough into 1-inch balls; roll in chopped nuts. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Make indentation in center of each cookie with thumb. Fill each indentation with about 1/4 teaspoon marmalade.
BAKE for 15 to 16 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand for 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely.