Dulce de Leche gives this tres leches cake (cake made with three different milks) a rich caramel taste and fresh strawberries top it off.
- 1 box (18.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Dulce de Leche
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ LA LECHERA FAT FREE Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 1 container (8 ounces) light whipped topping
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
PREHEAT oven according to cake mix package directions. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
PREPARE cake batter according to package directions. Once batter is prepared, fold in chopped strawberries.
BAKE according to package directions. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Using a wooden pick, skewer or fork, poke holes in the cake thoroughly, penetrating to the bottom of the pan.
HEAT dulce de leche in a large, microwave-safe bowl for 10 seconds to soften. Mix in sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk until fully combined. Carefully pour milk mixture over cake. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
SPREAD whipped topping over top of cake; top with sliced fresh strawberries.
Review This Recipe
This recipe was good...the only thing I would change the next time is to put less of the tres leches mixture into the cake. It was too soggy. Otherwise, very easy to make and tasted good.