Street Corn with Spinach and Cotija Cheese
Street corn is sold from carts on the streets in Mexico. Usually sold on the cob and seasoned with lime juice or cheese, this version is a nice twist. The corn is combined with spinach and topped with a creamy cheese and lime juice topping.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups yellow or white corn (canned or frozen and defrosted)
- 1 package (9 ounces) STOUFFER'S Creamed Spinach, defrosted*
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 2 ounces Cotija cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- Juice from half a lime, plus more for serving
- Salt and lemon seasoning (such as Tajin)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE cheese, evaporated milk and lime juice in a food processor; cover. Pulse until all ingredients are combined. The consistency will be grainy.
TOP corn and spinach mixture with cheese mixture; sprinkle with salt and lemon seasoning.
*DEFROST Creamed Spinach in microwave on MEDIUM (50%) power for 5 to 6 minutes.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 140
- Calories from Fat: 70
- Total Fat: 8g (12% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 10mg (4% of DV)
- Sodium: 310mg (13% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 16g (5% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (8% of DV)
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Vitamin A: 25% of DV
- Vitamin C: 10% of DV
- Calcium: 10% of DV
- Iron: 4% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.