Street corn is sold from carts on the streets in Mexico. Usually sold on the cob and seasoned with lime juice or cheese, this version is a nice twist. The corn is combined with spinach and topped with a creamy cheese and lime juice topping.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups yellow or white corn (canned or frozen and defrosted)
- 1 package (9 ounces) STOUFFER'S Creamed Spinach, defrosted*
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 2 ounces Cotija cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- Juice from half a lime, plus more for serving
- Salt and lemon seasoning (such as Tajin)
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add corn; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until corn begins to lightly brown. Add creamed spinach and bouillon. Continue stirring for about 5 minutes or until all ingredients are combined.
COMBINE cheese, evaporated milk and lime juice in a food processor; cover. Pulse until all ingredients are combined. The consistency will be grainy.
TOP corn and spinach mixture with cheese mixture; sprinkle with salt and lemon seasoning.
*DEFROST Creamed Spinach in microwave on MEDIUM (50%) power for 5 to 6 minutes.