Chiles Rellenos, stuffed chiles, are zesty and flavorful when prepared with Ranch sauce. Filled with luscious cheese and coated in a rich beaten egg mixture, these chiles in a thick and chunky sauce will please everyone around your table.
- RANCH SAUCE
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 small red, green or yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) thick & chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cube
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken into several pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 2 cans (7 ounces each) whole green chiles
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 1 x 2-inch strips
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil for frying
FOR RANCH SAUCE:
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in salsa, water, bouillon, bay leaves, cinnamon and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or until flavors are blended. Remove bay leaves and cinnamon stick pieces.
FOR STUFFED CHILES:
STUFF each chile (being careful not to break skins) with a cheese strip. Beat egg whites in small mixer bowl until stiff peaks form. Whisk egg yolks in small bowl until creamy. Fold egg yolks and flour into egg whites until just combined.
ADD oil to 1-inch depth in medium skillet; heat over high heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Dip chiles in batter until well coated. Place in oil; fry, turning frequently with tongs, until golden brown. Remove from skillet; place on paper towels to drain. Serve with Ranch Sauce.
Review This Recipe
stuffed chilies in ranch sauce
I found your recipe so-o-o easy to follow. My husband & I eat Mexican food a lot & tried this recipe on friends who never had. Their comment? Please make this for us again whenever we visit... It was wonderful!! P.S. I use HOT salsa..It makes Mexican authentic.. Thank you!
Read More Reviews