This Hot Stuffed Sourdough Sandwich is an attractive and delicious option for lunch or dinner, and makes a great snack for watching the game! Thin strips of roasted red bell peppers and pesto sauce give this sandwich a tasty Italian flair.
- 1 pound round bread loaf
- 1 container (7 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Pesto with Basil, divided
- 8 ounces thinly sliced smoked turkey
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, peeled, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 12 (12 ounces total) slices provolone cheese
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
CUT off top third of bread; set aside. Remove inside of bread, leaving a 3/4-inch wall. Spread half of pesto on inside of loaf; top with half the turkey, pepper, tomato and cheese. Repeat layering, spreading remaining pesto on top of first layer of cheese. Replace top of bread; wrap bread in foil.
BAKE for 40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.
Review This Recipe
This is a great recipe and so easy to make. I use tons of pesto sauce and the tomatoes really add a wonderful taste to the sandwich. Stuff is as tight as you can because the stuffing will settle once its baked. My sister loves this recipe.
Read More Reviews