Sugar Cookie Holiday Trees are sweet treats and easy-to-make decorations too! Simply cut stars out of our Toll House Sugar Cookie Dough Tub using different sized cookie cutters, then bake, stack, decorate and admire!
- 1 tub (36 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Sugar Cookie or Gingerbread Tub Dough
- 1 cup all-purpose flour plus additional for rolling
- 3 sizes of star shaped cookie cutters (Large: 4 to-5-inches, Medium: 2 to 3-inches and Small: 1-inch)
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels plus additional for decorating
- 1 resealable, small heavy-duty plastic storage bag or pastry bag fitted with tip
- Decorator sprinkles, sugars, silver dragées, powdered sugar
- 4 small plates or 1 large platter with rim(s) or one large platter
- Granulated or coarse white sugar for spooning around trees
PREHEAToven to 350º F. Lightly grease or line three baking sheets with parchment paper.
BREAK apart dough into large bowl. Add flour and mix until combined (clean hands may be used).
SPRINKLE flour onto work surface or sheets of parchment paper or wax paper. Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness, using additional flour as needed to prevent sticking (half or quarter amounts of dough can be rolled out). With star-shaped cutters, cut 16 large stars, 16 medium stars and 16 small star-shaped cookies. Transfer pieces to baking sheets with spatula placing about 1-inch apart. If dough pieces stretch during transfer process, push them back into shape. If rolled out dough is very soft, you may want to refrigerate it for 20 minutes before cutting it. Repeat with trimmings.
BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
TO ASSEMBLE TREES:
MICROWAVE morsels on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 30 seconds in small, heavy-duty plastic bag; knead. Microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut a small corner from bag.
FOR EACH TREE, squeeze about 1 teaspoon melted morsels in the middle of the top of 4 large star cookies. Immediately stack stars on plate, rotating slightly to stagger points and create a tree shape. Repeat with 4 medium and 4 small-size stars, to form a standing tree.
SQUEEZE small amounts of melted morsels on points of tree. Immediately decorate iced points with sprinkles, sugars, dragées or morsels. Dust trees with powdered sugar, if desired. Allow trees to set completely before moving.
TO SET TREES IN A SNOWY SETTING, spoon granulated sugar around base of trees.
• Trees may also be made with 2 pkgs. (16.5 oz. each) of NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Bar Dough. Number of stars maybe less.
• To dust the trees, place powdered sugar in a small, fine mesh strainer and tap over trees.
• Adjust look of trees by using different numbers of each size star for each tree.
Review This Recipe
these cookies are so cute can't wait to make with the grandkids
Read More Reviews