Sugared Apple Tea Muffins have a subtle tea flavor. These are great for snacks or casual entertaining brunch treats, too!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups 1% lowfat milk
- 6 tablespoons NESTEA Unsweetened Instant 100% Tea
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup peeled, cored and finely chopped baking apple, (about 1 medium)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease or paper-line 18 muffin cups.
COMBINE flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Beat milk, Nestea, vegetable oil, egg and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until tea is dissolved. Stir in apple. Gradually stir in flour mixture until moistened. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 full. Sprinkle evenly with 3 tablespoons sugar.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Review This Recipe
This muffins baked up lovely. I substituted 1 cup whole wheat flour to make them a little on the healthier side.
Read More Reviews