Wake up your family’s taste buds with this satisfying dish of savory sausage, creamy eggs and colorful peppers. This easy and festive casserole is perfect for preparing ahead of time so you can relax and enjoy breakfast with your early rising guests.
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1 lb. precooked sausage links, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 2 cups (8-oz. pkg.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped red and/or green bell pepper
- 2 green onions (green parts only), sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 cups 1/2-inch cubed Italian or French bread (about 9 slices)
PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
COMBINE milk, eggs, sausage, cheese, red pepper, green onions, onion powder and garlic powder in large bowl. Add bread cubes, stirring gently to moisten bread. Pour mixture into baking dish.
BAKE for 45 minutes or until set. Serve warm.
• This bake can be assembled ahead of time and refrigerated. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
• Substitute multi-grain bread for Italian or French bread.
Review This Recipe
I prepared this dish the night before I baked it. Preparation was easy and my family raved about it. I want to share it immediately and I will make it for a weekend or holiday special again!
Read More Reviews