Sunrise Sausage Bake
Wake up your family’s taste buds with this satisfying dish of savory sausage, creamy eggs and colorful peppers. This easy and festive casserole is perfect for preparing ahead of time so you can relax and enjoy breakfast with your early rising guests.
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1 lb. precooked sausage links, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 2 cups (8-oz. pkg.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped red and/or green bell pepper
- 2 green onions (green parts only), sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 cups 1/2-inch cubed Italian or French bread (about 9 slices)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE milk, eggs, sausage, cheese, red pepper, green onions, onion powder and garlic powder in large bowl. Add bread cubes, stirring gently to moisten bread. Pour mixture into baking dish.
BAKE for 45 minutes or until set. Serve warm.
• This bake can be assembled ahead of time and refrigerated. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
• Substitute multi-grain bread for Italian or French bread.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Great for church coffee time!
I am always looking for recipes that work well for our church coffee time. Warm dishes go well and go quickly! This was a great find!
Everything a Growing Body Needs
This recipe has everything that I like and was not too hard to master.
I use this recipe when our kids and grandkids are in town; can be prepared the night before and just popped in the oven in the a.m. It beats trying to serve up eggs one person at a time!
My family likes to have breakfast for the evening meal on occasion. This dish really hit the spot. It was very quick and easy. So this is a dish we have a least once a week, for breakfast or dinner.
I live alone and cook for myself,so I had to tinker with the amount of ingredients, but when it was done it was really good. It's a change from a standard breakfast.
Serving Size: 1/12 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 440
- Calories from Fat: 230
- Total Fat: 26g (39% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 12g (61% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 260mg (87% of DV)
- Sodium: 650mg (27% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 21g (7% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (2% of DV)
- Sugars: 8g
- Protein: 27g
- Vitamin A: 20% of DV
- Vitamin C: 35% of DV
- Calcium: 40% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.