Wake up your family’s taste buds with this satisfying dish of savory sausage, creamy eggs and colorful peppers. This easy and festive casserole is perfect for preparing ahead of time so you can relax and enjoy breakfast with your early rising guests.
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1 lb. precooked sausage links, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 2 cups (8-oz. pkg.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped red and/or green bell pepper
- 2 green onions (green parts only), sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 cups 1/2-inch cubed Italian or French bread (about 9 slices)
PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
COMBINE milk, eggs, sausage, cheese, red pepper, green onions, onion powder and garlic powder in large bowl. Add bread cubes, stirring gently to moisten bread. Pour mixture into baking dish.
BAKE for 45 minutes or until set. Serve warm.
• This bake can be assembled ahead of time and refrigerated. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
• Substitute multi-grain bread for Italian or French bread.
Review This Recipe
Great for church coffee time!
I am always looking for recipes that work well for our church coffee time. Warm dishes go well and go quickly! This was a great find!
Everything a Growing Body Needs
This recipe has everything that I like and was not too hard to master.
I use this recipe when our kids and grandkids are in town; can be prepared the night before and just popped in the oven in the a.m. It beats trying to serve up eggs one person at a time!
My family likes to have breakfast for the evening meal on occasion. This dish really hit the spot. It was very quick and easy. So this is a dish we have a least once a week, for breakfast or dinner.
I live alone and cook for myself,so I had to tinker with the amount of ingredients, but when it was done it was really good. It's a change from a standard breakfast.
I prepared this dish the night before I baked it. Preparation was easy and my family raved about it. I want to share it immediately and I will make it for a weekend or holiday special again!
I am always looking for a good Breakfast Casserole. Everyone loved it.
sunrise sausage bake
A nice do ahead recipe for brunch.
Serve it with muffins and fruit for a complete brunch.
this is so good, and so easy to make. There were no leftovers, my grandkids wasted no time demolishing it