Suppertime Sausage Bake is an easy, hearty casserole that is just right for breakfast, brunch or supper.
- 1 lb. hot bulk pork sausage, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups (8-oz. pkg.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 2 green onions (green parts only), sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 cups 1/2-inch cubed Italian or French bread (about 9 slices)
PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
COMBINE milk, eggs, sausage, cheese, red pepper, green onions, onion powder and garlic powder in large bowl. Add bread cubes, stirring gently to moisten bread. Pour mixture into baking dish.
BAKE for 45 minutes or until set. Serve warm.
• Substitute pre-cooked, sliced sausage links for bulk pork sausage to save time.
• Substitute multi-grain bread for Italian or French bread.
Review This Recipe
Liane Brown , Jacksonville, Fl.
I have made this recipe before but instead of using french bread, I baked it in a 9 in pie crust.
Read More Reviews