Surprise Sweet Taco Treats are perfect when you are looking for a quick ice cream dessert. Paula Marchesi of Lenhartsville, PA created this colorful, tasty ice cream treat that uses waffle ice cream bowls, chocolate ice cream dipped in NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels and topped with colored, flaked coconut, walnuts, whipped topping and cherries. A 1st Prize winner sure to please kids of all ages!
- 1 3/4 teaspoons water, divided
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 1 1/4 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 4 drops yellow food coloring
- 2 cups DREYER’S or EDY’S® SLOW CHURNED® Chocolate Light Ice Cream, softened
- 6 waffle ice cream bowls
- 6 tablespoons frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 maraschino cherries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
PLACE 1 cup morsels in shallow bowl. Drop scoops of ice cream into
morsels and roll to coat. Place on baking sheet and freeze until firm. (May be
done in two batches.)
COMBINE 1 1/2 teaspoons water and green food coloring in a large, resealable plastic bag. Add 1 cup coconut. Seal bag and shake to coat evenly with color. Combine remaining water and yellow food coloring in a small, resealable plastic bag. Add remaining coconut. Seal bag and shake to coat evenly with color.
PLACE ice cream balls in waffle bowls. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup morsels and
walnuts. Sprinkle with green coconut. Top each bowl with a tablespoon of whipped topping. Sprinkle with yellow coconut and remaining mini morsels. Top with cherries. Serve immediately.
Review This Recipe
Surprise Sweet Taco Treats
It is really easy and quick. It is very good too!
Read More Reviews