Sweet & Salty Chewy Pecan Bars
Sweet & Salty Chewy Pecan Bars are perfect for lunchboxes or after school snacks and are an easy and tasty choice for entertaining.
- 1 pkg. (16.5 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PRESS 3/4 package (18 squares) cookie dough into prepared baking pan and refrigerate remaining 1/4 package (6 squares) cookie dough.
BAKE for 10 minutes; remove from oven.
COMBINE butter, nuts, sugar and salt in small bowl until coated. Sprinkle over dough. Top with teaspoonfuls of remaining cookie dough; pressing down gently. Sprinkle with morsels.
BAKE for an additional 22 to 24 minutes or until edges are browned and set. Cool 30 minutes in pan on wire rack.
DRIZZLE caramel sauce over bar. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
• For chewier caramel top, microwave 6 unwrapped caramel candies with 1 teaspoon milk for 20 to 30 seconds or until melted; stir until smooth. Drizzle sauce over bar.
• Toasted pecans may also be used, if desired.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
These are too easy to make! A great quick treat to bake up fresh when you get those sweet/salty cravings!
I took these to my daughters cookout today and everyone just raved about these...these are excellant and will be making more.I double the recipe and i could eat just the pecan mixture on its own its that good
looking forward to make them
can't wait to try these...sweet and salty whats not to love.
these bars are even better than they look.I have made several times and when they are right out of the oven when the chocolate is melting and the carmel is oozing and they are still warm wow especially on a cold snowy day!
this is sooo good!!!!!!!! I would make these again soon!!! my faimly and friends loved them.
Serving Size: 1/16 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 200
- Calories from Fat: 100
- Total Fat: 12g (18% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 4g (20% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 15mg (5% of DV)
- Sodium: 170mg (7% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 24g (8% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (4% of DV)
- Sugars: 15g
- Protein: 2g
- Vitamin A: 0% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 0% of DV
- Iron: 0% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.