Sweet and Spicy Beef Rendang
Sweet and Spicy Beef Rendang features curry and coconut flavors and a hint of lemon and other spices that give a wonderful accent to the beef in this delicious dish. Serve with rice.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced shallots
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon peeled, thinly sliced fresh ginger
- 2 lb. beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cans (14 fl. oz. each) coconut milk
- 1/2 cup MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon diced lemon grass or 1 tablespoon finely chopped lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Hot cooked white rice
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
STIR in coconut milk, sweet chili sauce, curry powder, lemon grass, cinnamon, turmeric, salt, black pepper and red pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 2 hours or until beef is tender. Serve with rice.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
This is GREAT!
This was delicious! My husband is a chef and said I can make this anytime! Followed the recipe exactly except I also halved the red pepper for my son's sake. It's yummy!
New Family Favorite
Finally I've found a easy creamy rendang with a little kick of chilli. Just perfect. Even a fussy Husband says " Oh Yeah ! " This rendang is bound to be a new Family Favorite.
Thank you for posting this recipe :) we really enjoyed this dish. Half the amount of pepper for children.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 830
- Calories from Fat: 560
- Total Fat: 63g (97% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 37g (187% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 105mg (35% of DV)
- Sodium: 640mg (27% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 36g (12% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (10% of DV)
- Sugars: 12g
- Protein: 33g
- Vitamin A: 8% of DV
- Vitamin C: 8% of DV
- Calcium: 6% of DV
- Iron: 50% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.