Sweet & White Scalloped Potatoes with Parmesan & Thyme
This Sweet & White Scalloped Potatoes with Parmesan & Thyme has layers of sweet and white potatoes nestled in a creamy sauce, accented with Parmesan and thyme, making this twist on a classic dish a welcome and elegant change.
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 4 cups (1 1/2 lb.) potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups (1/2 lb.) sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup (1.5 oz.) BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese (5 oz.)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COOK, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to boil. Cover; reduce heat to low. Cook, rearranging potatoes gently and occasionally, for 35 to 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese; serve immediately.
COOKING TIP: For quick and consistently thin potato slices, use the slicing blade of a food processor.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Easy, Delicious & Different
I made these for Christmas dinner and another "make-up" Christmas dinner. They are fantastic. I will never make a potatoes with a ham any other way. I recommend getting an inexpensive mandolin to slice the potatoes. I was able to get my teenagers to eat sweet potatoes for the first time. Definately try this!
A very tasty dish ; excellent with breakfast or a side dish with a meal.
Yummy Scalloped Potatoes
Great recipe! These are so good. I had company and not quite sure what to serve for a starch. This recipe had rave reviews at my home.
This was a very easy and very tasy recipe. My family loved it!
Sweet & White Scalloped Potatoes
This was very good - tried it tonight with Fat Free evaporated milk and light parmesan cheese However, next time I will cook it less time
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 170
- Calories from Fat: 40
- Total Fat: 4.5g (7% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3g (15% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 20mg (6% of DV)
- Sodium: 280mg (12% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 22g (7% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (11% of DV)
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 7g
- Vitamin A: 100% of DV
- Vitamin C: 45% of DV
- Calcium: 20% of DV
- Iron: 6% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.