This Sweet Cinnamon Apple Crumble recipe is easy to make and has amazing flavors. For an extra sweet dessert, use a sweet apple variety, such as Crispin, Fuji, Golden Delicious or Jonagold.
- 4 cups (about 3 large) peeled, cored and thinly sliced baking apples
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
PREHEAT oven to 400° F. Lightly grease 2-quart baking dish.
COMBINE apples and orange juice in large bowl. Stir in granulated sugar, cornstarch, vanilla extract and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; toss to coat. Spoon mixture into prepared dish.
COMBINE brown sugar, flour and remaining cinnamon in medium bowl. Cut in margarine with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; stir in oats. Sprinkle over apple mixture.
BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender.