This sweet corn-studded casserole is a great side to serve with practically any main dish. Goes well with Mexican, South American and American cuisine.
- 1/2 cup masa harina flour (Mexican corn masa mix)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn, partially thawed
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons yellow corn meal
- 2 tablespoons NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Lightly grease 9-inch pie plate.
PLACE flour, butter and vegetable shortening in food processor; cover. Process until creamy. Add corn and water; process until corn is coarsely chopped. Combine sugar, corn meal, evaporated milk, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Stir in corn mixture until combined. Spread into prepared pie plate. Sprinkle with chili powder.
BAKE for 40 to 50 minutes or until firm and lightly browned around edge. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes before serving. Scoop or cut into wedges to serve.
Review This Recipe
I made this for Thanksgiving dinner. Everyone - including my husband- came back looking for thirds!!! We were a big bunch so I did a 4-time batch... I barely had any left for myself the next day - I LOVE left overs. My family is now always asking when will I be making it again.
Read More Reviews