Sweet Crème Stuffed French Toast
Sweet Crème Stuffed French Toast is an elegant twist on the classic recipe.
- 2/3 cup lowfat ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade or apricot preserves
- 12 slices (about 3/4-inch-thick) firm, day-old French bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup 1% lowfat milk
- 1/3 cup Italian Sweet Crème Flavor NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE Liquid Coffee Creamer
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Maple syrup, heated (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
BEAT eggs in shallow pan or pie plate; whisk in milk, Coffee-mate and vanilla extract. Whisk in flour and salt.
HEAT large skillet over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Swirl butter into hot skillet. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture, coating both sides. Cook on each side for about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with maple syrup.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I love this new recipe. It is so good for breakfast. -Maria, a member of the Brew Crew
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 420
- Calories from Fat: 80
- Total Fat: 9g (14% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3g (15% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 85mg (28% of DV)
- Sodium: 740mg (31% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 70g (23% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (12% of DV)
- Sugars: 18g
- Protein: 13g
- Vitamin A: 4% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 15% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.