This refreshing cucumber salad with spicy accents makes a colorful side dish or starter. It's a twist on regular cucumber salad and is sweet, salty and spicy all at once.
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped unsalted peanuts
COMBINE cucumbers, bell pepper, lime juice, sweet chili sauce, basil, onion and salt in medium bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Sprinkle with peanuts before serving.
Review This Recipe
What a great way to use up those extra cucumbers! I added extra crushed red pepper to add more spice, other than that, the recipe is great as is!
Prep time was a litte longer for me (30 mins) The salad accompanied eggrolls which I served alongside.This made for a delicous light snack. I also used some of Sweet Chili Sauce as a dip for the eggrolls.
These cucumbers have a little sweetness, a bit more tartness and a tiny bit of heat. I need to make another batch!
This salad has a nice clean flavor and is pleasing to the eye. No complaints, very easy to make.