Sweet Heat Cucumber Salad
This refreshing cucumber salad with spicy accents makes a colorful side dish or starter. It's a twist on regular cucumber salad and is sweet, salty and spicy all at once.
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped unsalted peanuts
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
What a great way to use up those extra cucumbers! I added extra crushed red pepper to add more spice, other than that, the recipe is great as is!
Prep time was a litte longer for me (30 mins) The salad accompanied eggrolls which I served alongside.This made for a delicous light snack. I also used some of Sweet Chili Sauce as a dip for the eggrolls.
These cucumbers have a little sweetness, a bit more tartness and a tiny bit of heat. I need to make another batch!
This salad has a nice clean flavor and is pleasing to the eye. No complaints, very easy to make.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 45
- Calories from Fat: 15
- Total Fat: 1.5g (3% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 0g (0% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 0mg (0% of DV)
- Sodium: 180mg (8% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 7g (2% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (4% of DV)
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 1g
- Vitamin A: 8% of DV
- Vitamin C: 35% of DV
- Calcium: 2% of DV
- Iron: 2% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.