Thinly sliced and caramelized red and yellow bell peppers, onions and garlic combine with sweet Italian sausage tortellini in a sweet and savory taste sensation. Garnish with chopped fresh basil to add a little color flair to this delectable dish.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 each small red and yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 package (9 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Sweet Italian Sausage Tortelloni, prepared according to package directions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
HEAT oil in medium, nonstick saucepan over medium heat; add onions and bell peppers. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 20 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Add garlic; cook for 3 minutes.
ADD prepared pasta, basil, salt and pepper; cook for 5 minutes until pasta is seasoned.
Review This Recipe
This is such an easy and flavorful meal! I was sceptical at first because there isn't a sauce, but if made correctly, the caramelized vegies give the meal LOTS of flavor. Even my picky husband loved it and I'm making it for the 2nd time tonight. Great with an easy salad and even bread if you like!
Read More Reviews