Thinly sliced and caramelized red and yellow bell peppers, onions and garlic combine with sweet Italian sausage tortellini in a sweet and savory taste sensation. Garnish with chopped fresh basil to add a little color flair to this delectable dish.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 each small red and yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 package (9 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Sweet Italian Sausage Tortelloni, prepared according to package directions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
HEAT oil in medium, nonstick saucepan over medium heat; add onions and bell peppers. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 20 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Add garlic; cook for 3 minutes.
ADD prepared pasta, basil, salt and pepper; cook for 5 minutes until pasta is seasoned.
Review This Recipe
When I make sausage and peppers I add pasta. This saved a step. I use green,red, yellow...but the green needs to cook more than the colored peppers.
Read More Reviews