Sweet Justice Kung Pao Chicken
Dried chili peppers give this Sweet Justice Kung Pao Chicken an extra kick. This easy-to-make, quick main dish recipe can be served with rice. Garnish with peanuts. Recipe compliments of cookbook author Ying Chang Compestine.
- 3/4 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, precut for stir-frying
- 1 pkg. (1.94 oz.) MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Satay Chicken Seasoning Blend
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh orange peel
- 4 whole dried chili peppers
- 1 cup thinly sliced lengthwise leek (white part only)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Cooking Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons roasted peanuts
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT oil in large, nonstick wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add orange peel and chili peppers; cook, stirring constantly, for about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
ADD chicken to wok. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes or until browned and no longer pink in center. Add leek, carrot and celery; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in soy sauce. Transfer to serving dish. Garnish with peanuts. Serve hot.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 290
- Calories from Fat: 120
- Total Fat: 14g (21% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 2g (9% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 50mg (16% of DV)
- Sodium: 960mg (40% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 18g (6% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (11% of DV)
- Sugars: 9g
- Protein: 23g
- Vitamin A: 100% of DV
- Vitamin C: 15% of DV
- Calcium: 45% of DV
- Iron: 8% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.