Sweet Potato and Pineapple Puree
Sweet Potato and Pineapple Puree is delightful. It is ideal for those occasions when you want to surprise your guests with a sweet tasty potato dish!
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 2 lbs. (about 3 large) sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 can (8 1/2 oz.) crushed pineapple, drained, divided
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Fresh mint or parsley leaves (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
RESERVE 2 tablespoons pineapple for garnish. Stir remaining pineapple, brown sugar and cinnamon into sweet potato mixture. Cook on low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until part of liquid evaporates. Serve warm.
GARNISH with reserved pineapple and mint leaves, if desired.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
This was so good...not too sweet; the evaporated milk is a wonderful addition. This is a wonderful food for the little ones. My toddler loved it.
My Kids love's this dish with oven fried chicken!
A delicious combination of flavors!
Finally something different!
This was so good and went over so well with my family, that I am going to make it again for Thanksgiving and Christmas as a regular side dish. Finally something different to do with my favorite sweet potatos that is easy to fix. YUM YUM!
The kids loved making this with me and eatting it as well!
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 210
- Calories from Fat: 60
- Total Fat: 7g (11% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 20mg (7% of DV)
- Sodium: 100mg (4% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 33g (11% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 4g (17% of DV)
- Sugars: 19g
- Protein: 4g
- Vitamin A: 440% of DV
- Vitamin C: 40% of DV
- Calcium: 10% of DV
- Iron: 6% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.