Sweet Potato and Pineapple Puree is delightful. It is ideal for those occasions when you want to surprise your guests with a sweet tasty potato dish!
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 2 lbs. (about 3 large) sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 can (8 1/2 oz.) crushed pineapple, drained, divided
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Fresh mint or parsley leaves (optional)
MELT butter on medium low heat in large saucepan; remove from heat. Add sweet potatoes; mash with a fork or spoon. Add evaporated milk.
RESERVE 2 tablespoons pineapple for garnish. Stir remaining pineapple, brown sugar and cinnamon into sweet potato mixture. Cook on low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until part of liquid evaporates. Serve warm.
GARNISH with reserved pineapple and mint leaves, if desired.
Review This Recipe
Hit with Mom
Really easy and delicious. My Mom even requested a copy of the recipe.
Read More Reviews