Sweet Pumpkin Purée with Toasted Pecan Topping
Sweet Pumpkin Purée with Toasted Pecan Topping makes a great side dish, appetizer or a spread. Just 20 minutes to make this delicious recipe. You can also use this, without the pecans, as a thickener for soups.
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine or butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup toasted, chopped pecans
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
NOTE: Without the toasted pecan topping, this purée can be used as a thickener to soups.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
This recipe was very quick and easy to make. It has a very good flavor, but I wasn't too fond of the smooth texture. The second time I made it,I added an extra 1/4C. of chopped, toasted pecans to the puree after it was cooked. This added more "crunch" and flavor to the texture of this side dish. I prefer this over mashed sweet potatoes any day. I going to make this to go with our Thanksgiving dinner.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 170
- Calories from Fat: 80
- Total Fat: 9g (14% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 4g (20% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 15mg (5% of DV)
- Sodium: 60mg (3% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 22g (7% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 5g (19% of DV)
- Sugars: 17g
- Protein: 2g
- Vitamin A: 270% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 4% of DV
- Iron: 4% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.