Sweet & Salty Chewy Pecan Bars are perfect for lunchboxes or after school snacks and are an easy and tasty choice for entertaining.
- 1 pkg. (16.5 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce
PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 8-inch-square baking pan.
PRESS 3/4 package (18 squares) cookie dough into prepared baking pan and refrigerate remaining 1/4 package (6 squares) cookie dough.
BAKE for 10 minutes; remove from oven.
COMBINE butter, nuts, sugar and salt in small bowl until coated. Sprinkle over dough. Top with teaspoonfuls of remaining cookie dough; pressing down gently. Sprinkle with morsels.
BAKE for an additional 22 to 24 minutes or until edges are browned and set. Cool 30 minutes in pan on wire rack.
DRIZZLE caramel sauce over bar. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
• For chewier caramel top, microwave 6 unwrapped caramel candies with 1 teaspoon milk for 20 to 30 seconds or until melted; stir until smooth. Drizzle sauce over bar.
• Toasted pecans may also be used, if desired.
Review This Recipe
These brownies turned out excellent! My husband does not care for pecans, but these really got his attention. Even my kids, who hate nuts, said they were pretty good. I plan to double the batch and take them to our Camper Club weekend. Thank you for a new and delicious treat!
Read More Reviews