Delicious and easy-to-make Sweet & Savory Beef Empanadas are an excellent choice for special family occasions and entertaining. You'll love the flavor contrasts in this recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups Apple NESTLÉ® JUICY JUICE® 100% Juice
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound rib-eye steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles, drained
- 12 empanada wrappers
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
HEAT Juicy Juice in medium, microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute or until warm. Dissolve bouillon in warm juice. Pour into large bowl. Stir in onion, garlic and red pepper flakes.
ADD beef to marinade. Massage the marinade with your hands into each slice of beef.
Cover; refrigerate for 1 hour. Drain marinade, reserving meat and onion.
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook beef in single layer for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until browned. Repeat with remaining slices of beef and onion. Finely chop cooked meat; place in a large bowl with onion. Mix in diced green chiles.
PLACE 2 rounded tablespoons beef mixture in center of each wrapper. Fold edge over filling
to form a half circle. Crimp edges to seal. Place on baking sheet. Brush with beaten egg.
BAKE for 30 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
Cook's Tip: To make beef easier to slice, freeze for 15 minutes and then slice.