Ready in 30 minutes, this delicious classic favorite Sweet and Sour Pork recipe will make you a hit with your guests.
- 3/4 pound boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 3 teaspoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 large egg
- 3 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained (reserve 1/2 cup juice)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 carrot, cut into cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 onion, cut into 1-inch cubes
COMBINE pork, sherry, 2 teaspoons seasoning sauce and soy sauce in large bowl; set aside. Blend egg and 2 tablespoons cornstarch in small bowl; mix with pork mixture. Deep fry at 350° F for 3 to 4 minutes or until brown; drain on paper towels.
MIX sugar and remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch in small bowl. Gradually add vinegar, pineapple juice, tomato paste and remaining 1 tablespoon seasoning sauce; set aside.
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrot; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add bell peppers and onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Stir in cornstarch mixture; heat to boiling. Boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add pork and pineapple.