Tabouli Chicken Casserole
Tabouli Chicken Casserole features a delicious combination of garbanzo beans, tomatoes, chicken and artichoke hearts with Mediterranean flavor hints of garlic, lemon peel and mint. Top this with finely chopped cucumber and parsley!
- 3 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cubes, divided
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 3 x 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) peeled and diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
DISSOLVE 2 bouillon cubes in hot water; set aside.
HEAT butter and oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining bouillon cube; cook, stirring frequently, until bouillon is dissolved. Add chicken; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
ADD onion to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add beans, tomatoes and juice, artichokes, carrot, wine, garlic, mint, lemon peel and bouillon mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to prepared casserole dish. Top with cooked chicken. Cover with foil.
BAKE for 30 minutes. Serve topped with cucumber and parsley.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.