This Taco Macaroni Skillet is a creamy beef and noodle dish that is perked up with green chiles, chili powder and tomatoes.
- 12 ounces extra-lean ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes in juice, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) dried elbow macaroni
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 1 cup (1 ounce) shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
COOK beef in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water, tomatoes with juice, chiles and chili powder. Cook until mixture comes to a boil.
ADD pasta; return to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 14 to 16 minutes or until pasta is tender.
STIR in evaporated milk. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 cup cheese. Sprinkle additional cheese over top. Cover; let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Review This Recipe
Better than Hamburger Helper!
Wanting something different, this was definitely that. Substituted chiles and diced tomatoes for Rotel tomatoes and it added just more zip. Easy to prepare and very simple.
Read More Reviews