This Taco Macaroni Skillet is a creamy beef and noodle dish that is perked up with green chiles, chili powder and tomatoes.
- 12 ounces extra-lean ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes in juice, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) dried elbow macaroni
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 1 cup (1 ounce) shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
COOK beef in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water, tomatoes with juice, chiles and chili powder. Cook until mixture comes to a boil.
ADD pasta; return to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 14 to 16 minutes or until pasta is tender.
STIR in evaporated milk. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 cup cheese. Sprinkle additional cheese over top. Cover; let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Review This Recipe
This is so easy and absolutely yummy! All three of my boys *loved* this recipe as well as my husband and in-laws. I did use a bit more shredded cheese because we love things cheesy, and I used half of a can of chiles instead of the whole can so it wouldn't be too spicy for the kids. Other than that the recipe is perfect just the way it is. This is now a permanent recipe in my recipe box!
Read More Reviews