This Taco Macaroni Skillet is a creamy beef and noodle dish that is perked up with green chiles, chili powder and tomatoes.
- 12 ounces extra-lean ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes in juice, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) dried elbow macaroni
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 1 cup (1 ounce) shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
COOK beef in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water, tomatoes with juice, chiles and chili powder. Cook until mixture comes to a boil.
ADD pasta; return to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 14 to 16 minutes or until pasta is tender.
STIR in evaporated milk. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 cup cheese. Sprinkle additional cheese over top. Cover; let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Review This Recipe
I love this recipe! It is so tasty. Highly recommended. (It was a little spicy for my kids though). I will probably leave the chiles out next time. Yum!
Read More Reviews