Ready in less than 30 minutes, this Tamale Frittata is an easy and delicious way to use leftovers. For a crispier texture, bake, then broil it for 1 to 2 mins.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 to 4 (about 10 ounces total) prepared savory beef or chicken tamales, cut into bite-size pieces
- 5 large eggs
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Green tomatillo salsa, warmed
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add tamale pieces; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
BEAT eggs and evaporated milk in large bowl until blended. Add to skillet; cover. Cook over medium-low heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until center is set.
TOP with cheese; cover. Remove from heat. Let stand for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve topped with salsa.
Cook’s Tip: If you’d like your cheese broiled instead of melted, place cooked frittata in an oven-safe skillet under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes or until speckled brown. This frittata can also be made with any leftovers you have: cooked, thinly sliced beef or chicken, cooked corn kernels, cooked zucchini cubes, spinach.