Ready in less than 30 minutes, this Tamale Frittata is an easy and delicious way to use leftovers. For a crispier texture, bake, then broil it for 1 to 2 mins.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 to 4 (about 10 ounces total) prepared savory beef or chicken tamales, cut into bite-size pieces
- 5 large eggs
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Green tomatillo salsa, warmed
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
BEAT eggs and evaporated milk in large bowl until blended. Add to skillet; cover. Cook over medium-low heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until center is set.
TOP with cheese; cover. Remove from heat. Let stand for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve topped with salsa.
Cook’s Tip: If you’d like your cheese broiled instead of melted, place cooked frittata in an oven-safe skillet under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes or until speckled brown. This frittata can also be made with any leftovers you have: cooked, thinly sliced beef or chicken, cooked corn kernels, cooked zucchini cubes, spinach.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 290
- Calories from Fat: 160
- Total Fat: 18g (28% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 8g (41% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 215mg (71% of DV)
- Sodium: 290mg (12% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 12g (4% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (4% of DV)
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 19g
- Vitamin A: 8% of DV
- Vitamin C: 2% of DV
- Calcium: 30% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.