The secret ingredient in this sweet and sour pork ribs recipe is tamarind. Add some zest to your pork ribs!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds pork ribs, cut into individual ribs
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup tamarind paste
- 4 to 5 tablespoons packed brown sugar or grated piloncillo
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI Granulated Beef Ribs Flavor Bouillon
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, dissolved in 1/4 cup dry red wine
- Hot cooked rice
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ribs; cook, turning frequently, until browned. Remove; set aside.
ADD onion to same skillet; cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook for 30 seconds. Add water, tamarind paste, sugar, vinegar and bouillon. Return ribs to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover.
COOK for 1 hour or until pork is tender. Remove ribs; set aside and keep warm. Boil sauce until reduced by half, skimming off fat. Add flour mixture; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until sauce is thick. Pour sauce over ribs. Serve with rice.
Review This Recipe
When this was cooking all I thought about the pork was how good it smeelt and how I couldnt wait to eat them. when it was cooked and I got to take the first **** all that was going through my head was I wish I could eat this every night. it was so delicious and saucy