Fresh and flavorful with light pleasing seasonings. This Tea-Rubbed Chicken with Fresh Lemon and Cucumber Topping dish is surprisingly easy to make.
- FRESH LEMON AND CUCUMBER TOPPING
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped (1 cup total)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons NESTEA Unsweetened Instant 100% Tea
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 4 (about 1 1/4 pounds total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, rinsed and patted dry*
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
FOR FRESH LEMON AND CUCUMBER TOPPING:
COMBINE cucumber, onion, cilantro, lemon juice, lemon peel and salt in small bowl; stir to blend well. Set aside.
FOR TEA-RUBBED CHICKEN:
COMBINE Nestea, cumin and sugar in small bowl; stir well. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of chicken. Press down gently with fingertips to make sure rub sticks to chicken.
HEAT medium, nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add oil; tilt skillet to coat bottom evenly. Add chicken; cook for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
PLACE chicken on 4 individual dinner plates; top with equal amounts of topping.
*Cook's Tip: Be sure to rinse and pat the chicken dry before adding the rub to make sure it browns rather than "simmers."