The delicious sauce in this Teriyaki Chicken recipe is tasty, yet easy to make. Basting the chicken during grilling helps build flavor. Serve with rice if desired, and sprinkle with chopped cilantro. This can also be used as an appetizer or a snack and is an easy-to-make recipe.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger juice*
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves or 1 1/2 lb. chicken drumsticks
- Chopped cilantro or Japanese seaweed
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE oil, sugar, ginger juice, cornstarch and pepper in large bowl; mix well. Blend in seasoning sauce, oyster sauce and bouillon. Add chicken to sauce; stir to coat thoroughly. Cover; refrigerate for 1 hour.
GRILL chicken over moderate heat, turning and basting with marinade until done. Discard remaining marinade.
SERVE with rice, if desired. Sprinkle with cilantro.
*To create ginger juice, grate fresh ginger onto cheesecloth. Tighten and twist, squeezing the juice into a measuring spoon.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
delicious and easy
This is an easy and awesome recipe. My whole family enjoyed it.
I made this with the "Fried Rice" recipe and my family loved it. I followed both recipes as written and they turned out perfect. Was a great change to the old meat and potatoe dinners.
Try brushing a layer of honey onto the hot chicken before taking it out of the oven to enhance the taste. You can't brush in advance as the grilling will burn the honey thus turning it into a dark colour shade.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 200
- Calories from Fat: 80
- Total Fat: 8g (13% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1g (6% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 65mg (22% of DV)
- Sodium: 540mg (23% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 4g (1% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (0% of DV)
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 26g
- Vitamin A: 0% of DV
- Vitamin C: 2% of DV
- Calcium: 2% of DV
- Iron: 4% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.