The delicious sauce in this Teriyaki Chicken recipe is tasty, yet easy to make. Basting the chicken during grilling helps build flavor. Serve with rice if desired, and sprinkle with chopped cilantro. This can also be used as an appetizer or a snack and is an easy-to-make recipe.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger juice*
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves or 1 1/2 lb. chicken drumsticks
- Chopped cilantro or Japanese seaweed
CUT chicken breasts into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
COMBINE oil, sugar, ginger juice, cornstarch and pepper in large bowl; mix well. Blend in seasoning sauce, oyster sauce and bouillon. Add chicken to sauce; stir to coat thoroughly. Cover; refrigerate for 1 hour.
GRILL chicken over moderate heat, turning and basting with marinade until done. Discard remaining marinade.
SERVE with rice, if desired. Sprinkle with cilantro.
*To create ginger juice, grate fresh ginger onto cheesecloth. Tighten and twist, squeezing the juice into a measuring spoon.
Review This Recipe
delicious and easy
This is an easy and awesome recipe. My whole family enjoyed it.
Read More Reviews