This Tex-Mex Macaroni and Cheese for Two adds some southwest zip to an all-American comfort food classic. Ready in 30 minutes, it is a perfect choice anytime.
- 1 package (11-oz.) STOUFFER'S Macaroni & Cheese, defrosted according to pkg. directions
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chopped pickled jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch pie plate.
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add bell pepper and garlic; cook until tender. Add ground beef, jalapeño, seasoned salt, corn and macaroni and cheese. Transfer to prepared pie plate.
BAKE for 10 to 15 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Review This Recipe
I was cautious about this at first, the ingredients were not mac and cheese typical but it turned out great. I added some mild salsa and chopped onions which really put the finishing touch to it. I will make this again.
Read More Reviews