Thai Chicken Satay with Peanut-Pumpkin Sauce features skewered morsels of succulent grilled chicken served with a zippy peanut-pumpkin sauce. Great for a taste-tempting appetizer or main dish.
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/3 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 bunches green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces (white parts only)
- 30 (4-inch) skewers
PLACE pumpkin, evaporated milk, peanut butter, chopped green onions, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar and cayenne pepper in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth. Combine 1/2 cup pumpkin mixture and chicken in medium bowl; cover. Reserve remaining pumpkin mixture. Marinate chicken in refrigerator, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
ALTERNATELY thread chicken, bell peppers and green onion pieces onto skewers. Discard any remaining marinade.
PREHEAT grill or broiler.
GRILL or broil, turning once, for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Heat remaining pumpkin mixture; serve with satay.
NOTE: If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before threading.
Review This Recipe
Thai Pumpkin Satay
This is an excellent way to use pumpkin. I've grown up with rarely eating pumpkin in anything except at Thanksgiving and Christmas. This recipe makes a appetizing and yet healthy addition to the diet.
Read More Reviews