Thai Chicken Satay with Peanut-Pumpkin Sauce
Thai Chicken Satay with Peanut-Pumpkin Sauce features skewered morsels of succulent grilled chicken served with a zippy peanut-pumpkin sauce. Great for a taste-tempting appetizer or main dish.
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/3 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 bunches green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces (white parts only)
- 30 (4-inch) skewers
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
ALTERNATELY thread chicken, bell peppers and green onion pieces onto skewers. Discard any remaining marinade.
PREHEAT grill or broiler.
GRILL or broil, turning once, for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Heat remaining pumpkin mixture; serve with satay.
NOTE: If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before threading.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
This has to be the most Savory / filling dish ever. we probally could have cut the dipping ingredients in half. We had some to throw away. We served w/ brussel sprouts and grilled Zucchni. Every one I told about the recipe turned their nose up at it....They have no idea what they are missing.
Thai Pumpkin Satay
This is an excellent way to use pumpkin. I've grown up with rarely eating pumpkin in anything except at Thanksgiving and Christmas. This recipe makes a appetizing and yet healthy addition to the diet.
a change of pace
This recipe caught my notice because my husband loves pumpkin so I'm always on the alert for different ways to use it. The non-traditional use of pumpkin especially appealed to me. The results were delicious - the pumpkin satay will definately be making a return appearance.
This was a very interesting recipe. My husband kinda looked at me like I was nuts, but he changed his mind. turned out pretty good.
Tia Pumpkin Satay
Great recipe. Yummy!!!!!, Tasty!!!!! Delicious!!!!!
Serving Size: 1/10 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 150
- Calories from Fat: 60
- Total Fat: 6g (10% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g (9% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 30mg (10% of DV)
- Sodium: 190mg (8% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 9g (3% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (10% of DV)
- Sugars: 5g
- Protein: 15g
- Vitamin A: 80% of DV
- Vitamin C: 110% of DV
- Calcium: 6% of DV
- Iron: 6% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.