Thai Meatballs with Spicy Dipping Sauce is perfect for entertaining or a special family treat. You'll love the perky Asian flavors in this recipe.
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 stalk (about 1/3 cup) finely chopped lemon grass or 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 red jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Cooking Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- SPICY DIPPING SAUCE
- 1/2 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Cooking Soy Sauce
- 2 red jalapeños, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
HEAT oil in fryer or medium saucepan over medium heat.
COMBINE pork, egg, cilantro, lemon grass, jalapeños, cornstarch, soy sauce, garlic and sugar in medium bowl. Roll into 3/4-inch meatballs. Fry a few meatballs at a time until lightly browned and no longer pink in center. Drain on paper towels.
FOR SPICY DIPPING SAUCE:
COMBINE vinegar, soy sauce, jalapeños, green onion and sugar in small bowl.
SERVE warm meatballs with wooden picks and Spicy Dipping Sauce.
FOR BAKED MEATBALLS: Preheat oven to 350° F. Place meatballs on greased, rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and no longer pink in center.
Review This Recipe
These had a weird texture. Make sure you chop your meatball ingredients very very small or they fall apart. Next time I will use more meat and use beef instead of the pork. The sauce was delicious.
Read More Reviews