Thai Meatballs with Spicy Dipping Sauce
Thai Meatballs with Spicy Dipping Sauce is perfect for entertaining or a special family treat. You'll love the perky Asian flavors in this recipe.
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 stalk (about 1/3 cup) finely chopped lemon grass or 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 red jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Cooking Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- SPICY DIPPING SAUCE
- 1/2 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Cooking Soy Sauce
- 2 red jalapeños, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE pork, egg, cilantro, lemon grass, jalapeños, cornstarch, soy sauce, garlic and sugar in medium bowl. Roll into 3/4-inch meatballs. Fry a few meatballs at a time until lightly browned and no longer pink in center. Drain on paper towels.
FOR SPICY DIPPING SAUCE:
COMBINE vinegar, soy sauce, jalapeños, green onion and sugar in small bowl.
SERVE warm meatballs with wooden picks and Spicy Dipping Sauce.
FOR BAKED MEATBALLS: Preheat oven to 350° F. Place meatballs on greased, rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and no longer pink in center.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
These had a weird texture. Make sure you chop your meatball ingredients very very small or they fall apart. Next time I will use more meat and use beef instead of the pork. The sauce was delicious.
Serving Size: 1/3 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 50
- Calories from Fat: 35
- Total Fat: 3.5g (6% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1g (6% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 15mg (5% of DV)
- Sodium: 95mg (4% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 1g (0% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (0% of DV)
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Vitamin A: 0% of DV
- Vitamin C: 2% of DV
- Calcium: 0% of DV
- Iron: 2% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.