Thai Pumpkin Soup is velvety, intensely flavored soup and will delight your guests and family. Garnish with chopped cilantro before serving.
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (11.5 fl. oz.) mango nectar
- 3 MAGGI Vegetable Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger or 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro, divided
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ Table Cream
COMBINE water, pumpkin, nectar, bouillon, garlic, ginger and crushed red pepper in large saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 12 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
STIR in peanut butter, vinegar, green onion and 1 tablespoon cilantro. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until soup returns to a boil. Stir in cream. Sprinkle with remaining 3 tablespoons cilantro before serving.
Review This Recipe
This is a great soup for the holidays!
Make ahead omitting the water and the last minute additions. Freeze.
Warm in crockpot, adding the last ingredients sans garnish during last hour of meal prep. (don't use fresh ground PB)
Serve as second course with won tons wrapped around pepperoni. Fab!
Read More Reviews