Fresh ginger and creamy peanut butter lend a distinct Thai flavor to this pumpkin soup. Ready in less than 30 minutes and also freezable-so make this one ahead to have a delicious treat for unexpected guests or to save time in entertaining.
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (11.5 fl. oz.) mango nectar
- 3 MAGGI Vegetable Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger or 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro, divided
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
COMBINE water, pumpkin, nectar, bouillon, ginger, garlic and crushed red pepper in large saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low.
STIR in peanut butter, vinegar, green onion and 1 tablespoon cilantro. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until soup returns to a boil. Stir in evaporated milk. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro before serving.
FOR FREEZE AHEAD:
PREPARE as above; do not sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Cool soup completely. Place in airtight container; freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in refrigerator.
HEAT in medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro before serving.
NOTE: For a richer and creamier version of this recipe, substitute NESTLÉ CARNATION Evaporated Milk for Evaporated Fat Free Milk.
Review This Recipe
Thai Pumpkin Soup
This is very easy to make, and it taste very good. I left some of the cilantro out, only because Not one of my favorite herbs. But it taste good. Would make it again.
Read More Reviews