Fresh ginger and creamy peanut butter lend a distinct Thai flavor to this pumpkin soup. Ready in less than 30 minutes and also freezable-so make this one ahead to have a delicious treat for unexpected guests or to save time in entertaining.
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (11.5 fl. oz.) mango nectar
- 3 MAGGI Vegetarian Vegetable Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger or 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro, divided
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
COMBINE water, pumpkin, nectar, bouillon, ginger, garlic and crushed red pepper in large saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low.
STIR in peanut butter, vinegar, green onion and 1 tablespoon cilantro. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until soup returns to a boil. Stir in evaporated milk. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro before serving.
FOR FREEZE AHEAD:
PREPARE as above; do not sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Cool soup completely. Place in airtight container; freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in refrigerator.
HEAT in medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro before serving.
NOTE: For a richer and creamier version of this recipe, substitute NESTLÉ CARNATION Evaporated Milk for Evaporated Fat Free Milk.
Review This Recipe
Thai-Style Pumpkin Soup
My son; who just return from a month long stay in Thailand; love Thai foods enjoy this soup very much. It was easy to make, but I did change the nectner to fresh mango puree and I use fresh grated ginger.
Read More Reviews