The Sneaky Chef's Cheery Hot Cocoa
The Sneaky Chef's Cheery Hot Cocoa recipe was developed by Missy Lapine. She is the author of a groundbreaking new book, The Sneaky Chef: Simple Strategies for Hiding Healthy Foods in Kids' Favorite Meals (Running Press, March 2007). Learn more at www.thesneakychef.com!Try The Sneaky Chef's Cheery Hot Cocoa, made with Carnation Breakfast Essentials today!
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen pitted cherries (no syrup or sugar added)
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups lowfat milk
- 3 packets Dark Chocolate Flavor CARNATION BREAKFAST ESSENTIALS® Complete Nutritional Drink
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
While cherries are simmering, place milk in 1-quart microwave-safe container. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 4 minutes or until very hot (almost boiling). Stir in Carnation Breakfast Essentials Drink and strained cherry juice.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 220
- Calories from Fat: 40
- Total Fat: 4.5g (7% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g (14% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 20mg (6% of DV)
- Sodium: 140mg (6% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 35g (12% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (7% of DV)
- Sugars: 27g
- Protein: 10g
- Vitamin A: 35% of DV
- Vitamin C: 120% of DV
- Calcium: 40% of DV
- Iron: 20% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.