Thin Oatmeal Raisinets Cookies with Orange Icing
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ RAISINETS Dark Chocolate or Milk Chocolate-Covered Raisins, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Grated orange peel (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; stir.
BEAT butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in medium mixer bowl at medium-low speed until just combined. Increase speed to medium; continue to beat about 1 minute longer or until light and creamy. Scrape down bowl with rubber spatula. Add egg, 1 tablespoon milk and vanilla extract; beat on medium-low speed until fully incorporated. With mixer running at low speed, add flour mixture; mix just until incorporated and smooth. With mixer still running on low, gradually add oats; mix until well incorporated. Stir in chopped Raisinets.
SCOOP dough by rounded tablespoon, then roll between palms into balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Using fingertips, gently press each dough ball to 3/4-inch thickness.
BAKE for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and edges are crisp. Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
COMBINE powdered sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons milk and orange peel in medium bowl; stir well. If needed, add a little more milk until of icing consistency. With fork or spoon, drizzle over cookies. Allow icing to set for 15 minutes before serving.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/34 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 34
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 110
- Calories from Fat: 35
- Total Fat: 3.5g (6% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 2g (11% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 15mg (5% of DV)
- Sodium: 50mg (2% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 18g (6% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0.5g (3% of DV)
- Sugars: 11g
- Protein: 1g
- Vitamin A: 2% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 2% of DV
- Iron: 2% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.