This Three Vegetable Bake is an easy-to-prepare vegetable side dish that's attractive enough for holiday meals, yet simple enough for weeknight dinners. Serve with chicken, fish, pork or turkey. In a hurry? Take advantage of frozen vegetables to make this dish even easier.
- 3 cups (about 3 medium) coarsely chopped red or other waxy potatoes
- 1 cup (1 medium) peeled and coarsely chopped parsnip
- 3 cups fresh broccoli and/or cauliflower florets
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 1 MAGGI Vegetable Flavor Bouillon Cube
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
MICROWAVE potatoes and parsnip in covered, medium, microwave-safe casserole dish on HIGH (100%) power for 9 minutes; drain. Return to dish; top with broccoli.
MELT 2 tablespoons butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Gradually stir in evaporated milk, bouillon and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until bouillon is dissolved and sauce is slightly thickened. Pour sauce over vegetables.
MICROWAVE remaining butter in small, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 10 to 20 seconds or until melted. Stir in bread crumbs until combined. Sprinkle over vegetables; cover.
BAKE for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake for an additional 10 minutes or until top is golden brown.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
what a great way to be creative with veggies!
This is one of the best.....simple, quick and delicious. Very appealing n appearance and outstanding taste. receive rave reviews and my dinner table and I'm asked to make it whenever I go to someone's house.
However, since I did not have parsnips, I used broccoli & onions. Hubby loved it like that...the more onions, the better!
"Healthy & Nutritious"
This is not only a simple to make recipe but it is also healthy and nutritious at the same time.
Husbby Says YEA!!!
To be honest, I made this with a bit of apprehension,But,I received a huge 2 Thumbs Up from my hubby & 4 1/2 yr old daughter! It was easy to make. Next time, I just need to make more of it!
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 230
- Calories from Fat: 60
- Total Fat: 6g (10% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g (19% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 15mg (5% of DV)
- Sodium: 320mg (13% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 37g (12% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 4g (15% of DV)
- Sugars: 11g
- Protein: 8g
- Vitamin A: 30% of DV
- Vitamin C: 80% of DV
- Calcium: 20% of DV
- Iron: 8% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.