This Three Vegetable Bake is an easy-to-prepare vegetable side dish that's attractive enough for holiday meals, yet simple enough for weeknight dinners. Serve with chicken, fish, pork or turkey. In a hurry? Take advantage of frozen vegetables to make this dish even easier.
- 3 cups (about 3 medium) coarsely chopped red or other waxy potatoes
- 1 cup (1 medium) peeled and coarsely chopped parsnip
- 3 cups fresh broccoli and/or cauliflower florets
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 1 MAGGI Vegetarian Vegetable Flavor Bouillon Cube
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
PREHEAT oven to 350º F.
MICROWAVE potatoes and parsnip in covered, medium, microwave-safe casserole dish on HIGH (100%) power for 9 minutes; drain. Return to dish; top with broccoli.
MELT 2 tablespoons butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Gradually stir in evaporated milk, bouillon and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until bouillon is dissolved and sauce is slightly thickened. Pour sauce over vegetables.
MICROWAVE remaining butter in small, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 10 to 20 seconds or until melted. Stir in bread crumbs until combined. Sprinkle over vegetables; cover.
BAKE for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake for an additional 10 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Review This Recipe
Three Vegetable Bake
This was excellent. It was out first experience with parsnips and quite liked them. Thank you for such a good recipe
Read More Reviews