A fun dessert that's great for a crowd.
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 24 bite-size pieces pound cake
- 24 bite-size pieces fresh fruit or berries, (pineapple, banana, melon, strawberries)
- STRAWBERRY SAUCE
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 3 tablespoons or more granulated sugar
LINE a baking sheet with waxed paper.
MICROWAVE morsels and vegetable shortening in a medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Dip cake pieces into chocolate mixture; shake off excess. Place on prepared baking sheet; drizzle tops with additional chocolate. Refrigerate until set. On skewers, alternately thread chocolate coated pieces of cake with pieces of fruit; refrigerate. Serve with Strawberry Sauce.
FOR STRAWBERRY SAUCE:
PUREE strawberries and sugar in blender until smooth.
Review This Recipe
This can be as simple as you want by using canned fruit or fresh. I followed the picture and added bananas for a dinner party. yum.
Read More Reviews