“Toasted” Coconut Custard Pie
“Toasted” Coconut Custard Pie is simply sophisticated and an elegant choice for entertaining. Your party guests will be enchanted.
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, divided
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted, divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 prebaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
WHISK remaining evaporated milk, egg yolks, cornstarch and salt in small bowl until blended. Gradually whisk egg mixture into coconut mixture in saucepan. Return saucepan to medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla extract until smooth. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes or until cool to the touch. Gently stir in 1 cup whipped topping; spoon into prepared crust.
REFRIGERATE for 3 hours or until set. Spread remaining cup whipped topping over center of filling. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup coconut.
• To toast coconut, spread on rimmed baking sheet, bake at 350º F until light golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 340
- Calories from Fat: 180
- Total Fat: 20g (30% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 13g (63% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 100mg (34% of DV)
- Sodium: 240mg (10% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 36g (12% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (5% of DV)
- Sugars: 24g
- Protein: 5g
- Vitamin A: 4% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 15% of DV
- Iron: 4% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.