A delicious streusel topping and chocolate morsels make these easy-to-make muffins a tasty and unique treat for breakfast, brunch or snacks.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease or paper-line 12 muffin cups.
COMBINE flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Stir in butter, milk and egg just until moistened. Stir in morsels. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
COMBINE brown sugar, flour and butter in small bowl; stir in nuts. Sprinkle generously over muffin batter; press down lightly.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Review This Recipe
These muffins are so good! We made these one morning when we ran out of chocolate chip muffin mix. Let's just say we won't be buying chocolate chip muffin mix anymore - these are so much better! I froze the ones we couldn't eat for breakfast the first day. They warm up great in the microwave and make a great quick school morning breakfast.
Read More Reviews