This recipe for Tomato Cheese Crostini features goat cheese, Parmesan cheese and Gruyère cheese in a wonderful flavor combination. This works great as an appetizer or an accompaniment to a salad or main entrée.
- 2 to 4 ounces soft goat cheese with garlic and herbs
- 1/2 cup (1.5 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Gruyère cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 long French bread baguette
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup julienne-cut sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
PREHEAT oven to broil and position oven rack 6 inches from broiling element.
COMBINE goat cheese, Parmesan cheese, Gruyère cheese and pepper in medium bowl; stir well.
SLICE bread into 30 (1/4-inch) slices. Arrange on baking sheet and lightly brush tops with olive oil. Broil for about 1 minute or until light golden.
SPREAD each bread slice with ½ to 1 teaspoon of the cheese mixture and return to oven. Broil until cheese begins to melt and brown.
TOP each slice with two tomato pieces. Serve immediately.