Tomato Lentil Soup is a delicious and healthy addition to your menu plans. Chopped parsley and shredded parmesan cheese add elegance to this classic favorite.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 large stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced and quartered
- 6 cups warm water
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or water
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3 MAGGI Vegetarian Vegetable Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions, celery and carrot. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
STIR in water, lentils, tomato paste, wine, parsley, bouillon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 45 to 50 minutes or until lentils are tender. Serve sprinkled with cheese.