Tomato Lentil Soup
Tomato Lentil Soup is a delicious and healthy addition to your menu plans. Chopped parsley and shredded parmesan cheese add elegance to this classic favorite.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 large stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced and quartered
- 6 cups warm water
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or water
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3 MAGGI Vegetable Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese (5 oz.)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
STIR in water, lentils, tomato paste, wine, parsley, bouillon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 45 to 50 minutes or until lentils are tender. Serve sprinkled with cheese.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.