The ingredients in this recipe add some zip to the traditional macaroni and cheese!! Everyone will be asking for more of Top of the Stove Mac & Cheese.
- 2 cups (8 oz.) dried small elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
PREPARE pasta in large saucepan according to package directions; drain and set aside.
MELT butter in same saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat; whisk in evaporated milk, eggs, mustard, salt and hot pepper sauce. Return pasta to saucepan; stir in cheese. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is creamy and thickened. Serve immediately.
Review This Recipe
i made this last night I over cooked it so the cheese curded so it wasent as good. it was still verry creamy
Read More Reviews