Tortellini Salad Italiana features tender pasta, colorful vegetables and fresh mozzarella cheese balls in a contemporary version of an Italian classic. This is a feast for the eyes and the mouth!
- 1 package BUITONI Refrigerated Mixed Cheese Tortellini (20 oz.), prepared according to package directions
- 2 cups thinly sliced yellow bell peppers
- 1 cup (4 ounces) halved small fresh mozzarella cheese balls (bocconcini)
- 1 cup bottled Italian vinaigrette dressing
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1/2 cup drained, diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced basil
- Fresh cracked black pepper (optional)
COMBINE prepared pasta, bell peppers, cheese, vinaigrette, prosciutto, tomatoes and basil in medium bowl. Sprinkle with pepper. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Review This Recipe
Made the first time exactly as described. Since then we've made a few adjustments that our family LOVES. First, we changed the prosciutto out for cubed salami for a heartier flavor. My kids don't care for sun-dried tomatoes, so I changed the Italian Vinaigrette to a Roasted Red Pepper Italian Dressing. Fantastic, and even better the next day if there are any leftovers to be had.
I've prepared this on several occasions and it's never failed to please my guests.